Are you a Parent, Grandparent, or Caregiver Living in 19104?
HELP YOUR CHILD JUMP START SUCCESS!
AFEL believes that the best way to help your child succeed is through making sure your child receives quality education from an early age. You are your child’s first teacher. The more involved you are with your child’s education, the better prepared your child will be for school. The better prepared your child is for school, the better your child will do in school!
· Enroll your child in a high quality early childhood education center. See Checklist for “What to Look for in a High Quality Center” on the Resource page.
· Expose your child to learning through fun, see "High Five for Kindergarten Readiness" on the Resource page.
· Be sure your child is registered for Kindergarten on time.
· Read to your child often! Use everyday activities to point out letters, numbers words and soon enough you will be reading sentences and books! Research shows that children who read by third grade are more likely to graduate from high school, less likely to be incarcerated, and more likely to attend college (University of Chicago, 2010).
· Apply to become an AFEL Family Ambassador, for more information, see the AFEL Family Ambassador section.